Thursday, January 11, 2007

That was then...

Glenn and Helen talk to the latest politician shown to be a serial flip-flopper, Mitt Romney.

I am shocked, shocked I tell you, to discover that politicians change their views!

Could it be for political expedience? You betcha. Could it be that he simply changed his mind? You betcha.

We've spent how many months beating up Mr. Bush because he was too stubborn to admit mistakes (read: change his mind). I cannot get too worked up over a guy changing his positions over a few years on some issues.

Now, if I am a single-issue voter, flip-floppiness would concern me greatly, especially if my issue is one which has been flipped and flopped. Also, if a candidate seems to try to have it both ways on every single issue that comes down the pike (and I am looking at you, Senator Kerry), that would concern me greatly.

No comments: