Thursday, January 11, 2007

Because It Has To

This exchange is noted in the New York Times.
He put it far more bluntly when leaders of Congress visited the White House earlier on Wednesday. “I said to Maliki this has to work or you’re out,” the president told the Congressional leaders, according to two officials who were in the room. Pressed on why he thought this strategy would succeed where previous efforts had failed, Mr. Bush shot back: “Because it has to.”

I think I will go to buy $1,000 worth of lottery tickets with the money that is earmarked for our bills. When my wife asks me why on earth I think that this will work when we haven't won jack-diddly in the lottery before, I'll shoot back: "Because it has to."

UPDATE: Does anyone know where we store the sheets? I'll probably need a set for the couch tonight.

No comments: